Wednesday, August 03, 2011

August Sale - Change of Plans

I was hoping that dropping the cost on Playing Dead in Dixie would lead to a decent surge in sales, and while I am selling a few more books, it's not enough to counteract the losses that come with lowering the price. I like to be honest with my readers, so the honest truth is, I don't think I can afford to keep the book at the 99¢ rate for the whole month.

But I am keeping it at 99¢ through Saturday, so if you haven't had a chance to buy it yet, you can still get it at the 99¢ price this week.

So what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I noticed the same thing when I lowered Midnight Sun to 99 cents. When I put it back up in price, I saw a bump in sales. Go figure...

Paula said...

I was selling quite a few more books, actually, at 99 cents, but the drop from 70% to 35% was killing me. I made more money with lower sales at $2.99.

I think, too, that some people don't take books seriously when they're priced lower than $2.99.