Friday, September 16, 2005

Trying to Catch Up

I guess my earlier promise to get back to a more normal blogging schedule fell by the wayside. It's easy to get out of the habit of doing things, and I have been a little busy, what with getting the book out to my editor and catching up on family stuff that fell by the wayside while I was doing that.

I'm giving myself a week or two to do nothing but read. I'm trying to concentrate on the newest Intrigues, both to reinforce in my mind what the line is looking for and because I love Intrigues in general.

Up first: RELENTLESS by Jan Hambright. The cover sucked me in—very eerie with a strong sense of foreboding. Also, this book is Jan's debut, so it should provide a good example of what sort of story Intrigue is buying these days.

Have I mentioned how much I like the new Intrigue covers? They've managed to hold onto the "brand" while opening up the cover art to new fonts, more mainstream visuals, more author branding (at least, for the bigger name authors) and a lot of focus on capturing the tone of the books. I'm eager to see what they come up with for FORBIDDEN TERRITORY.

All of the Harlequin/Silhouette lines seem to be going this direction with their covers. I think it's a very good move for the company.

1 comment:

Dixie Belle said...

I've been doing fall cleaning so I'm looking forward to some down time to read, watch movies and do some writing. I went to the HOD workshop. They had a big crowd and it was a lot of fun.