Friday, February 24, 2006

Oooo, Looky!

I'm one of the Intrigue Authors!

My next big milestone is coming up quickly---I should get my June bookcover in the next couple of week. I've heard cover horror stories, but I'm really liking the current Intrigue covers. I like the new emphasis on the author name (well, duh, of course I do) and the more stylistic art appeals to me in a big way.

Here are some of my recent favorite Intrigue covers:

SECURITY MEASURES by Joanna Wayne

HOUSE OF SECRETS by Tracy Montoya

PRIMARY SUSPECT by Susan Peterson

PERSON OF INTEREST by Debra Webb

BENEATH THE TEXAS MOON by Elle James

As you can tell, I like the "evocative scene" covers better than the "lone hot guy" or "clinch in the midst of danger" covers. Although I must admit to some fondness for the "lone hot guy" covers, too. :)

I'll probably be happy with any cover I get--just getting a cover the first time will probably eclipse any more esoteric considerations. But I'm hoping for an "evocative scene" cover that really captures the eerie undertones of my story.

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

WOW, Paula! This is so exciting!!!