The 2008 Linda Howard Award of Excellence
PERMISSION TO FORWARD GRANTED AND APPRECIATED
Seven reasons to enter the Linda Howard Award of Excellence Contest for unpublished writers.
7. One of the few contests that only charge $25 for a 25 page printed entry. That’s 50 cents a page for at least two critiques.
6. A discretionary judge is used if the two experienced PRO or published judges’ scores are so far apart you can run a 1956 Chevy between them.
5. You don’t have to send in a synopsis, unless you’re a finalist. Well worth writing that *% synopsis then.
4. NEW for 2008 - You can send your entry via snail mail or electronically to the contest coordinators.
3. NEW for 2008 - The finalists will receive their critiques/scores back to revise and return to coordinators before sending to final round editors.
2. Your precious partials will be sent to GREAT editors for final rankings. Hopefully they will request your fulls. Last year, we had SIX fulls requested.
1. My goodness! It’s Linda Howard, folks! She’s awesome and the contest named in her honor is awesome! How wonderful would it be to have an engraved bookmark that reads"2008 Winner of the Linda Howard of Excellence" to show all your friends?
Southern Magic, the Birmingham Chapter of Romance Writers of America®, is pleased to announce its 3rd Annual Linda Howard Award of Excellence contest for unpublished writers.
Enter: Up to first twenty-five pages
Fee: $20-$25 (a $2 fee will apply to electronic entries paid by PayPal)
Deadline: Postmarked on or before October 27, 2007
Eligibility: RWA Published (see rules) & Unpublished Authors
Judges: Published, PRO, all trained or experienced in judging
Top Prize: Engraved Bookmark and winners will be announced in the RWR.
Series Short/Long Contemporary: Susan Litman, Editor, Silhouette
Single Title: Selina McLemore, Editor, Grand Central Publishers (formerly Warner)
Suspense: Lauren McKenna, Senior Editor, Pocket
Historical: Alicia Condon, VP, Editorial Director, Dorchester
Unique Genres: Selena James, Executive Editor, Kensington
For entry form, score sheet, and rules, visit our website at http://www.southernmagic.org/, or send email to email@example.com