Monday, May 12, 2008

Movie Recommendation

Someday, when I get time (which means, probably never), I'm going to write up an actual review of the movie my mom and I watched yesterday afternoon. But until that time comes, let me just say that AKEELAH AND THE BEE is a wonderful, deeply satisfying movie that's mostly safe for the whole family to watch. It's a sports movie about spelling champions. It's STAND AND DELIVER meets ROCKY. It has Laurence Fishburne in a very appealing and textured role.

And I love me some Laurence Fishburne.

Rent it. Buy it. Watch it on The Movie Channel, where I saw it. If you love words, if you love learning, if you love big dreams and hard work being paid off, then you'll love AKEELAH AND THE BEE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the movie you guys watched yesterday? Or was that the Bee movie?

I saw Iron Man. That was pretty good.

MJFredrick said...

I enjoyed Akeelah, too. Hey, that would be a good one to show my class as the year winds down....

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ahhh Laurence. I love him too. I'll have to find this movie.