Thursday, November 24, 2011

Much to be thankful for

In a bad economy, with wars still going on and much to worry about, I'm glad we have a day like Thanksgiving to remind us that we also have much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful to be alive, on this pretty November morning, with my family safe and sound and surrounding me with love and support.

I'm thankful to have not one job but two in this troubled economy, and an income that allows us to live in comfort and a certain level of security. I'm glad that I live in a country where I'm free to live life on the terms I choose and pray that it may ever be so.

I'm thankful for every single reader who bought one of my books this year, who bookmarked my website in their "favorites," who took the time to read one of my blog posts or to drop me a line on Facebook or retweet me on Twitter.

I'm thankful for my fellow writers who share so generously with their knowledge, their support, their passion and their endless supply of humor.

I'm thankful for the people who frequent the fandoms in which I dabble, whose intensity and passion for fictional things makes it possible for people like me (and actors, directors, musicians and other writers) to ply our trades in the first place.

I'm thankful most of all to the God who created us and the free will he gave us that challenges us, daily, to do the right thing out of choice rather than coersion.

I hope you all have a happy, blessed Thanksgiving Day, even if this isn't YOUR Thanksgiving Day. Thank you for dropping by to read what I have to say.

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Amen.

Maria said...

My goodness Paula, you write a lot of books. You must have written half a dozen in the last year. How on earth do you do it?

Nazgul William said...

Thank you blog admin for creating this platform for everyone to express and write on, I want to tell someone today that If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease, God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
 I was so very sick when I came across someone telling a story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
Dr Itua helped me to cure my Bladder cancer, I took his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completely. He resides in west Africa but I ordered his herbal medicines through Mail which I received within 5 days. I was also instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally. I'm well now.
I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Multiple myeloma,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Fatigue.