Thursday, June 09, 2005

Garden Update

Well, I had a freak-out moment the day after my last post on my attempt to grow plants from seeds my father had stored in our freezer over a decade ago. The next morning, when I checked the two plants that had sprouted, I discovered that both plants had lost their little leaves and were nothing but sad, dead-looking little nubs of stems.

I put them in the shade, figuring maybe the hot sun had been too much for them. Sadly, I was afraid my little seeds just didn't have the stamina to make it after all this time in the cooler.

However, the Atkinson Tomatoes perked back up immediately, and the Tommy Toes are starting to struggle back. Plus, the squash sprouted with a vengeance and is thriving, and the eggplant seeds also sprouted and are doing well. Last I checked, the bellpepper plant had a little sprout that looked as if it was going to finally come up, but as of this morning, it was still mostly under the potting soil. I'm hopeful that it'll be sprouted by the time I get home this afternoon.

So far, so good.

No comments: