Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Newly Revamped Website

So, since I agreed to the terms of my first sale, I guess I'm now more or less officially an author, not just a writer. ;) In honor of agreeing to the sale, I radically revamped my website to make it more an author's website and less an aspiring writer's website.

For one thing, I was getting tired of the all black background I had on the other site, and of course, I needed to revamp my books page so that it included only the book that has sold (although I hope to be adding to that list before long!)

But is the change too much? Is the page now to bright and peppy for a romantic suspense author's page? Also, do I have missing links or pics?

Tell me what y'all think.

4 comments:

Shesawriter said...

I like it. It looks really clean and professional. You GO gurl! :-)

Tanya

Paula said...

Thank you! I've been trying to avoid going to a professional web designer to do the website because, well, I'm a graphic designer and I OUGHT to be able to put up a halfway decent site, right?

But I don't know how to use flash or anything fancy, which I sometimes wish I knew how to use, because I could make a cute little promotional movie for my book or something.

Then again, maybe all those fancy bells and whistles are more annoying than helpful to people visiting a writers' website. I know I like a site that's easy to navigate and where I don't have to sit through the same forty-second commercial for the author's latest book.

(Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here!)

What do y'all think? Is simple better?

Paula

Trish Milburn said...

The site looks great, Paula.

Anonymous said...

Clean.Professional. Nice.
People who drop in like clean. They may stay. When I see busy little cutekins, I leave.