Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Book and contest news

Just received word that Wild Card made it to the final round of the Rebecca contest. I'm hoping one of these finals will garner me a request for a full; I do so hate querying!

Also, I sent the requested revisions of Code Name: WILLOW to the editor yesterday, and the full of Crybaby Falls goes to another editor tomorrow. That clears all the requested material off my desk. I have minor changes to make to Wild Card before it's ready to send, mostly because I've come up with a killer idea for a sequel, featuring the heroine's sister, that requires a slight change in the heroine's backstory.

Then I get to start on the new book idea. I'm very excited about it for a couple of reasons. For one thing, it has echoes of a great Hitchcock movie I love, Notorious. And also, it's going to be the first book I've ever set outside the south. I've had two heroines who weren't southern girls (Maggie in Code Name: WILLOW and Carly in Wild Card), but this is the first time I've tried to set a whole book in Yankeeland. ;) Fortunately, my best friend Jenn lives in southern New Jersey, which is where the soon to be WIP is set, and she's promised to give me all the local flavor I can stand.

No comments: