Friday, May 13, 2005

A Little More Book News

Crybaby Falls is now officially out the door. Yay!

I'm using this weekend to do some reading. I'm currently reading Wednesday's Child by Gayle Wilson, who's a chapter mate in Southern Magic Romance Writers, my local RWA chapter. I'm about 95 pages in, and so far, it's typical Gayle Wilson--beautiful writing, compelling suspense and great characters.

If you've never read anything by Gayle, run, don't walk, to Amazon.com or one of the online bookstores and order whatever you can find. I'm partial to her Harlequin Intrigues because I'm a contemporary romantic suspense kind of girl, but I also enjoy her historicals, which is saying something, since I don't usually read historicals.

After my reading weekend, it's nose to the grindstone on my new WIP. I'm giving myself until the end of May to get my characters worked out and my working synopsis done, then I'm going to try to write the first draft by July 2nd. Ambitious, I know, but I want to see if I can do it.

No comments: