Sunday, January 17, 2010

Well, I was kind of waiting on Romance Junkies...

I turned in a blog post to Romance Junkies a few days ago for a blog post that was supposed to go up Friday, the 15th, but so far, it's not there. I'll keep checking that blog and let y'all know when it's up. Meanwhile, here's a little end of the week update.

First, and most important, I finished book four of the Cooper Justice series, BACHELOR SHERIFF this past week. It's in my critique partner's hands, bless her heart. This was was a difficult book in the end—it just didn't want to come together cohesively. I was up until almost 2 a.m. last night trying to blend everything together into a workable whole. My CP will tell me whether or not I succeeded. It's due 1/29, which means I've got to send it by Priority Mail on the 26th. Nothing like a little stress in your life, huh?

Second, if you're the opinionated sort, and you've read and enjoyed CASE FILE: CANYON CREEK, WYOMING, how about heading to amazon.com and giving it at little love in the reviews section? And if you've read any of my other books and liked them, could you help those along, too? Comment love makes me very happy.

Now I get to take a couple of days off writing. Not many, however, as my editor wants me to turn the last three Cooper Justice books into a back to back to back trilogy with an overarching mystery throughline. Now I have to figure out how to do that. Eek!

So, how about the rest of you? Anything fun and exciting going on with y'all this week?

4 comments:

Kea said...

Congratulations on finishing book 4 in the series1 And hmm, a mystery arc for the last three...sounds fabulous!

Nothing exciting at my end for the upcoming week, as far as I know. Training course on Tuesday AM to get me out of cubicle-land for a few hours. LOL.

Paula said...

Getting out of cubicle land is always a good thing!

I'm going to try to read some of the books on my TBR list this week, since I could use a the brief break from writing. I think maybe the Dean Koontz "Odd Thomas" book I got for Christmas might work.

Jemi Fraser said...

Good news on the finish :) It's always tense giving it to the crit partners, but exciting too!

susan said...

Hope your day is great. I am laid off from my part time job so I am really enjoying my books and coming here to catch up and say hello to all my author friends. I am still making my list but right now my books have to wait..food and a place to live comes first. susan L.