Friday, December 24, 2010

Final day of Santapalooza

As of tomorrow, I'll be off the clock until Monday. Fortunately, I just wrote the last word of my book that's due January 15th, so all that's left is the critique partner's edit and my own final pass, which will happen after the new year. I'm hoping to finish the third chapter of my next proposed book some time later today, which means I'll actually get to spend Christmas work-free. Yay!

So since I plan to be all about Christmas with the family tomorrow, I'd like to take the opportunity today to wish all my readers a very merry Christmas. When I was complaining about feeling a little Grinchy this year on another blog, a commenter suggested I should read some verses from the Christmas story in the Bible. It's a good suggestion every Christmas, so I'll share my personal favorite passage from the story:

Luke 2: 8-14

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."


I love that Jesus came to earth as a vulnerable human baby, not an other-wordly conquerer, and the message of his birth was revealed not to kings but to shepherds working their ordinary jobs in the fields. God loves us all and reaches out to us where we are. That's a wonderful message any time of the year, isn't it?

Thank you, all of you, for reading my blog and supporting me this past year. I hope to have new, fun stuff to write about next year as well, with four new books coming out and other proposals in the works for 2012.

God bless all of you and have a wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Kea said...

Have a wonder-full and joy-full Christmas, Paula. Universal Blessings to you and your entire family. :-)

Happy holidays!

Marianne Arkins said...

Hope your Christmas was very, very Merry!

An Article A Day said...

That is a wonderful message :-) Anytime of the year!