Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Mother, The Saleswoman

My mother is retired, and since my book is now officially out, she's taken to haunting the local K-Mart and Wal-Mart, looking for my book. Today at Wal-Mart, finally, she found the vendor stocking my books. While she was there, she handed out book marks to people who came by to browse and ended up convincing two people to buy my book.

I wish I could clone her. Picture it—hundreds of Mom-bots spread out to all the Wal-Marts in America, hawking my book.

Is she a great mom or what?

4 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I didn't want to tell you, but I was at K-Mart yesterday browsing the books (as always) and a woman asked me if I knew any newer authors. I handed her your book and told her "I know this author. She's awesome."
Her disappointing response? "I don't read Harlequins". *Shrugs*. Her loss. Mine is ON IT'S WAY!!!!! Yayyyy!
I don't have bookmarks but I'm trying to get to get the word out.

MJFredrick said...

She is a great mom!

Marianne Arkins said...

Great mom! I finished your book yesterday, gave it to my mom to read and she finished it last night -- couldn't put it down! I'm hawking it on my blog today. Great job!

Paula said...

Jen,

I hear that a lot. Some people just don't know what they're missing. ;)

Mary, yes, she is.

And thanks so much, Marianne, for the plug on your blog! Wow! I'm glad you and your mom both enjoyed my book.