Monday, December 28, 2009

4 1/2 Stars - "...a conclusion you won't soon forget."

I didn't want to interrupt the Blog Days of Christmas with this news, but I got a great review from Romantic Times for my February book, CHICKASAW COUNTY CAPTIVE. 4 1/2 stars and the following:

County prosecutor Sam Cooper doesn't know who's trying to kidnap his daughter. Detective Kristen Tandy has to fight her own demons to protect the little girl from a specter out of her father's past. Could it be Sam's ex-wife, who suddenly has a very political reason for getting her child back, or the drug-lord father of a man Sam sent to prison? What Sam does know is that his daughter trusts Kristen, and the detective will do anything to keep her safe from a madman. Peppered with multiple suspects, glaring tragedy and searing passion, this first-rate book has a conclusion you won't soon forget.

I'm thrilled, needless to say.

By the way, be sure to check yesterday's winners post. I still need mailing information from some of you, including Chambers, who responded on the blog but didn't email me a mailing address to send the book.

I have several people to send books or gift cards to, and I'm going to try to get them all out in the next week or so.

7 comments:

Kea said...

I'm looking forward to reading the book; it's in my TBR pile. I've got one on the go, so I hope to read it after that. Of course, now I have extra-high expectations. LOL.

Linda Henderson said...

Congratulations, I can't wait to read it. I hope you have a very Happy New Year.

Jemi Fraser said...

Wahoo! That's an AWESOME review! Congratulations :)

Julie Miller said...

Congrats on the great review, Paula!

Anonymous said...

Wow, That's great! Congratulations, Paula!

Carla Swafford said...

Paula, you're continuing your 4 plus streak. All well deserved! Congratulations and hugs.

Paula said...

Thanks, y'all. I know we're not supposed to put too much stock in reviews, but I always bite my nails waiting for the RT reviews anyway. I've been very lucky so far. But I know a 3 or a 2 is probably lurking somewhere in my future. (Probably for the book I'm working on right now---can you tell I'm in the middle of the book doldrums? :) )