Sunday, December 06, 2009

We Interrupt the Christmas Blogging...

Sorry for the non-Christmas post, but I just had to say this.

ROLL TIDE!

Although, did Tim Tebow have to cry so prettily and make me feel sorry for him?

For more on the details of game, be sure to check out al.com. And congratulations to Greg McElroy for an outstanding game behind center. He really came into his own in the SEC Championship game, and the best thing is, he's back for 2010!

Love this quote from Alabama coach Nick Saban, since I believe it can apply to almost any endeavor in life, whether it's playing football or becoming a writer:

"We told the players a story (Friday) about Sugar Ray Leonard, who actually said, 'The first time I fought in a championship fight, I lost. But the thing I remember about the second time I fought for the championship and won was I had an unrelenting, not-to-be-denied, intangible attitude, and I was going to have to do it for 15 rounds and go toe-to-toe, and that's what made me win.'

"I think there are a lot of examples out there today of the way our players competed and played in the game that showed that kind of resiliency, and that's what it takes to be a champion."

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Christmas...

No comments: