Friday, December 18, 2009

December Intrigue Spotlight

Beauty and the Badge by Julie Miller

When girl next door Beth Rogers pounded on Detective Kevin Grove's door in the middle of the night, she awakened not only the cop, but also the die-hard protector. His spunky neighbor had uncovered scandalous secrets about a murder and someone was threatening to silence her…permanently.

After one heartbreak too many, Kevin was ready to call it quits. With his brawn and tough-guy looks, no woman had been able to see the caring soul that lurked beneath. But with one look into Beth's frightened eyes, the true-blue hero couldn't turn her away. Now, with every step leading them closer to danger, the safest place was in each other's arms.

About Julie Miller.

7 comments:

Kea said...

I have this and have read it, quite enjoyed it!

Linda Henderson said...

I always enjoy her books. I've been reading her books for years.

Julie Miller said...

Thanks, guys!

And thank you, Paula, for sharing my book on your blog.

I haven't been able to get here every day, but I've enjoyed your daily blog posts this month. I especially loved the Indiana University a capella group singing their version of The 12 Days of Christmas! How fun! And tricky. And talented. I've shared that one with several friends.

And I "borrowed" my brother's G.I. Joe to hang out with my Barbie, too! ;)

Margaret said...

Hi, Paula and Julie! I just finished BATB...another great story from Julie. I always love her books but when you throw in a super-protective hero, they're off-the-charts fabulous. Besides, the cover alone sells this book! I really like the heroine's classy dress and hair style! ;)

Sherry James said...

I'm in the middle of reading Julie's book right now. It's tough to put down! But, I'm revising one of my own manuscripts so, I do have to show at least a smidge of discipline and self motivation and get some work done. Not easy when such a good book is calling my name! And darn it, that six pack on the cover keeps distracting me, too. What's a girl to do?!

Happy Holidays!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a fun read :)

Valerie Oakleaf said...

I finished this book in almost one sitting! I love Julie's books and can't wait for the next one to come out.
And I agree with Sherry...hard to walk away with the gorgeous body on the cover!